Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Modest Beginning






This isn't the original sportsdesigner.com.
I could never match their level of success. At best, it's a small twig that has broken off a larger branch that has fallen off a much larger tree.
After seeing a thread on sportsjournalists.com asking for a site to view sports design, I figured a simple blog to access and share the content that we help create is more than a useful too.
So, please send your fronts. This won't be like flickr where everything from everywhere gets posted. But don't hesitate to send. My goal is to try to post the best of the best/preview sections/special sections, etc.
Send mail to: drw101@gmail.com
you can also follow me and site updates at twitter.com/danworthington
This will either take off, or crash and freaking burn.
Here's a page from me to get us started. It's from after the Jets playoff victory over the Colts. Like it? Hate it? Like the site? Hate the idea?
Feel free to let me know. I'll slowly be adding and taking comments from those interested. Now please, I need your work. Send in JPEGs if you can for now.
Keep file size small. And I'll get up as much work as I can.
Dan Worthington, Assistant Sports Editor, Newark Star-Ledger



2 comments:

  1. Mr. Worthington,

    My sports writing capabilities are extremely limited on the topic of sports; however I must admit I am partial to da Bears whenever given the option. I hope and wish you get many posts and succeed at your dream of winning The George Polk Award. Goodnight young grasshopper!

    Derek R. Stephens
    KT796

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see someone picked up the torch. I work for a small-town paper and am usually fighting for room, but I love seeing how others package things. I'll send pages when I think they might spark ideas in others, but I will be sure to make this a regular stop.

    ReplyDelete